Thank you for your interest in submitting your manuscript to Holloway Literary.
For fiction writers all queries should include:
- Subject header – A correctly formatted subject header: Agent’s Name/Title of Your Manuscript/Genre is required for the fastest sorting and distribution of queries. If you pitched your story at a conference, please include the conference title in the subject header.
- Salutation – Select the best agent for your work, spell their name correctly. Dear Jane, Ms. Smith, etc. is perfect.
- Word count – Provide the word count for your story. Please note: your word count must be in the acceptable range for your genre. Query Tip: If you don’t know the word count range for your genre, you’re probably not ready for querying.
- Genre – Please list the genre that accurately describes your manuscript. Query Tip: If you’re unsure of your manuscript’s genre or believe two or three genres best describe your work you’re probably not ready for querying.
- Author’s Bio – End your query with a brief bio that tells us who you are, where you’re from, anything interesting or of note, and any previously published credits. Do not include self-published titles unless you’ve sold a substantial number of books. Please do include all social media links. Query Tip: Focus on the positive. Tell us what you are, instead of what you’re not.
- Requested Pages – We request the first 15 pages of your manuscript pasted into the body of the email beginning with the heading chapter one. Query Tip: Do not provide title pages, acknowledgments, cast of characters, etc. If you’re writing non-fiction, please include your proposal.
Email your query to email@example.com You can expect a response to your query in about 8 weeks.
Please note: Queries sent to any other email address will be deleted unread, and the email account marked as spam.
If an agent is interested in your work, we will respond with a request for more material.
Questions about your query should only be emailed to the attention of our Submissions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest response. Queries sent to any other email address including our agent’s personal email address will be deleted unread. And queries will not be discussed over the phone unless we’ve scheduled a call with you.
Failure to follow our submission guidelines may result in your query being deleted without review. So please follow our instructions. If you have questions about the process email our Submissions Coordinator for clarification.
Thank you for thinking of Holloway Literary.